Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

[Solved] My forum is displaying my logo but not forum name?

For now I am okay with having a basic forum, and I'll learn how to install the plugins via 1and1 hosting soon, but for now I'd like at least a little branding with the forum so users know where they are at....

I have a picture uploaded, but when it asks for my forum name, it shows in my dashboard as admin, but not on the public forum. Here is a link to my forum, any help is appreciated. sunset rv

Best Answer

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    Answer ✓

you are using the embed theme, that is for embedding with an iframe. So I'm not seeing any logo.

grep is your friend.

Answers

• Options
    edited March 2012

Okay, I thought I could delete the logo I uploaded, and then it would show the title of my page. This did not work however. Still searching while I wait for a response. Thanks to whoever you may be.

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    Answer ✓

you are using the embed theme, that is for embedding with an iframe. So I'm not seeing any logo.

grep is your friend.

• Options

iframe was the keyword for me! I was assuming just putting code into a blank page was considered embedded into a website, but using an iframe works perfectly.

Now here is the next question: I am able to host the forum at forums.sunsetrvs.com so I don't really "need" to use an iframe (as I hear the seo impacts are not as nice) so is there another way I can get the forum onto my sub-domain while still using my background and logo on my website, or is iframe the only way to actually do that.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2012

Its hard to understand your question. If you choose the default theme in the dashboard themes -your banner and logo will show up. Perhaps I am confused but this issue is the theme design isn't it?

If you want to change the embed theme modify the default.master.tpl and add the word {logo}
    or better yet copy the embed theme to your own theme and then modify.
    check out the documentation on themes.

The embed theme is generally used within other applications like embedding in wordpress.

as far as subdomains - look here
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/155636#Comment_155636

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Sub-domain was never an issue, that is fine. The original topic has been resolved, I was misunderstanding the use of the embedded option. For now, I am using the iframe option.

The other issues I am experiencing are due to 1and1 hosting and my WYSIWYG editor and the chemistry between them and the forum software. So you may consider the topic closed as I now at least show a logo and name on top of the forum. Thank you all for the prompt and helpful responses.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

Embed is iframe

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

thank you, figured that part out, so I am a happy camper now. Thank you again.