Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Change one class, without changing another?

edited March 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hey guys. I've the .Meta class which I've got perfect and just the way I want it. I saw that it did the same styling to the front page which is just.. ew. I want something different for it. How can I do this.

untitled

Best Answers

• Options
    UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓

I'm no CSS expert, but I would look for the class that the (I want to change this) Meta div is in.

Is it in "Discussion List" or is it in "Discussion". You can find that easily by using FireBug of course.

Now you do:
    .DiscussionList .Meta {changethis : #FF0000}Someone will stop by to correct me, no worries. Problem is that .Meta is a CSS class and not a CSS id.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited March 2012 Answer ✓

@amphios

You can make rules specific to different pages in Vanilla.

By prefixing, for example

.Discussion

to a CSS rule, it will only affect the rule on discussion pages.

To change only the front page, prefix

.Discussions etc.

Answers

• Options
    UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓

I'm no CSS expert, but I would look for the class that the (I want to change this) Meta div is in.

Is it in "Discussion List" or is it in "Discussion". You can find that easily by using FireBug of course.

Now you do:
    .DiscussionList .Meta {changethis : #FF0000}Someone will stop by to correct me, no worries. Problem is that .Meta is a CSS class and not a CSS id.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited March 2012 Answer ✓

@amphios

You can make rules specific to different pages in Vanilla.

By prefixing, for example

.Discussion

to a CSS rule, it will only affect the rule on discussion pages.

To change only the front page, prefix

.Discussions etc.

• Options

Ah that's perfect thanks both of you! Short and simple answer. I was using the wrong 'CSS ID' as @underdog put it. Thanks again. Progress can continue on my style. :)