Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Documentation and or tutorials.

peregrineperegrine MVP
edited March 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

3 ideas.

1) add a documentation and/or tutorial badge to Karma plug-in.

2) And wouldn't be nice if a moderator on this board could change post titles that are solved and provide a good documentation or tutorial with a prefix
like [Documentation] or [Tutorial] in cases where the post evolved into a good tutorial and where the original author cannot edit the title.

3) add the tags tutorial or documentation to the post. if the author cannot do it, could the moderator consider doing it.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Best Answer

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓

2) + 3) yes, the moderator can do that, he just need to know when the users request it.

In a very famous forum in my country they call that "Topic Report". We don't have that in Vanilla at the moment, so just send a PM to me and I'll apply the changes.

So : Title changes, Tags in titles, requests that require editing that the users cannot do anymore : PM a moderator (me in this case) and I'll take care of it.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answers

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓

2) + 3) yes, the moderator can do that, he just need to know when the users request it.

In a very famous forum in my country they call that "Topic Report". We don't have that in Vanilla at the moment, so just send a PM to me and I'll apply the changes.

So : Title changes, Tags in titles, requests that require editing that the users cannot do anymore : PM a moderator (me in this case) and I'll take care of it.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2012

nice job @underdog.

maybe a tutorial one as well for really in depth ones????

and my nagging question - any time frame when the link to the wiki will be added to the top of the vanilla documentation page, if ever.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• UnderDog said:

In a very famous forum in my country they call that "Topic Report". We don't have that in Vanilla at the moment,

Can it be done using Abuse button?

4Ex: Place another abuse button near current abuse button and rename it to: How-to

How-to button

• qwenty said:
    Can it be done using Abuse button?
    4Ex: Place another abuse button near current abuse button and rename it to: How-to

That needs a bit of programming in one of the plugins. Let's do it with PM-ing me for now :-)