Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Moving from SMF ?

edited August 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I'm thinking about switching from SMF (Simple Machines) forum script to Vanilla. Can someone explain to me is this possible and how to do it ?

Comments

• lechlech Chicagoland
    At the moment, I don't believe anyone has written (to my knowledge at least) a formatter to port the SMF db to vanilla's format. Unless you can sway someone into writing it for you. Otherwise you may be left with writing it yourself if you have the time and can cope :)
  • Is there anyway to get SMF to punBB, because there is a punBB to Vanilla script.
  • There's SMF to punBB tool so I'll try that. Where can I get punBB to Vanilla script ?
  • Yes. I'm interested too. Where can we find 1) SMF to punBB, and 2) punBB to Vanilla thanks.
  • I know that the punBB Migration Tool is at the bottom of that page and that's from SMF to punBB. But I have not been able to get the punBB to Vanilla converter working.

I'm not even sure where it is. Sorry to only get you half-way.
  • edited August 2006
    I think that works only with SMF 1.0.5 not 1.1rc2

someone else here is working on a migrator for SMf to Vanila

http://lussumo.com/community/discussion/3207/smf-vs-vanilla-any-thoughts-/#Item_13

ok now when adding a link in a post it should automatically be made into a clickable link or doesn't vanilla do that either lol
  • It's an addon you can enable... Mark likes to keep this board relatively clean with only the essential addons. Everyone here should know how to do html links.
  • Post something as 'text' and it'l autolink urls.
  • sure thing, why were at it, why not remove the (add your comments) button that will keep it even more clean (being smart ass) functionality is a beautiful word
  • There is functionality. In the text formatter. If it autolinked urls in the html formatter when you used a href tags it'd fuck it up.
This discussion has been closed.