Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Addon application controllers conflicting with vanilla

edited March 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

When I create an addon application "abc" and create a controller "discussioncontroller" in it, then whenever I visit a discussion in vanilla forum, I get the output of "abc" application's "discussioncontroller"

This does not make sense - I thought applications where confined to their directory...

Answers

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

Are you browsing to /discussion or /abc/discussion.

At any rate I don't recommend making a controller named the same as the default. It may be cute, but could cause hassles down the line.

• Options

If "abc" is enabled then both variants resolve to same controller and it is discussion controller of "abc" app not vanilla itself.

Seems like the dispatcher just looks for any controller in any enabled app that matches first part of the URL and it happens to be "abc" app whos controller is found first.

I think this is due to some recent changes beucause one of the addon apps that I wanted to use (Json API by eleith) also had controller "discussions" and it caused the same effect.