Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Can I have different themes for embedded and regular forum?

aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭
edited March 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I have embedded the my forum in facebook page and its looking very odd due to width constraints.

I would like to have embedded theme (as advised by vanilla team) on facebook and my custom theme for the regular page.

Is is possible?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Best Answer

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    Answer ✓

@aery

with style switcher you'd have to choose one as the default, and have a link to switch it.

If you want them to be different default styles I think you'd need to have the two different Vanilla installs.

Answers

@aery

If you need to have different default.master files then I think you would have to have 2 installs of Vanilla in different folders.

They can share the same DB, although it does throw up a few hiccups.

If you can keep the changes to css only, then you could have a style-switch option.

I use one from Dynamic Drive - Style Sheet Switcher v1.1 - on my site.

• aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭

But how would I implement style switcher for embedded and normal install so that they remain the default ones?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answer ✓

@aery

with style switcher you'd have to choose one as the default, and have a link to switch it.

If you want them to be different default styles I think you'd need to have the two different Vanilla installs.