Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

not used in 2.0.18.4 ?

flyabroadflyabroad New
edited March 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

when enabled,

'Displays Post Tags in Discussion View and First Post of Discussion', 'Version' => '1.1', 'Author' => "Josh Grochowski", 'AuthorEmail' => 'author_email', 'AuthorUrl' => 'author_url' ); class kDiscussionTagsPlugin .............................

display on pages.

Answers

• Any answers for this?... It seems as though Kdiscussiontags return an error when used with 2.0 as outlined by flybroad.

Is there a plan to further develop this plugin?

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Last Updated December 2011, it seems it is an abandoned effort. But you should try to add your version instead in the plugin info see if that works.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2013

@gabbo876 said:
    Any answers for this?... It seems as though Kdiscussiontags return an error when used with 2.0 as outlined by flybroad.

Is there a plan to further develop this plugin?

this is an open-ended question? perhaps you say what you want to be done!

@vrijvlinder said:

But you should try to add your version instead in the plugin info see if that works.

you don't have to change anything relating to version!

It works perfectly in 2.0.18.4. You have to use it in conjunction with tagging plugin.

just download the program from the download section. A cursory look indicates the github version is the same version available from the add-on downloads.

The problem @gabbo876 in 2013 and @flyabroad in 2012 are having is that you both probably cut and pasted the file without the opening

<?

not the authors mistake.

@vrijvlinder said

Last Updated December 2011, it seems it is an abandoned effort.

Your statement is exactly what @hbf was concerned about in the plugin feedback discussion.
    Plugins that work perfectly but haven't been updated. The author @Kastang has logged in as recently as July 2012 - so I would say until the author states it is abandoned - it isnt.

It just works perfectly so no need to change - and the author can't be responsible for people who don't install it properly.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2013

The only improvements I see are:

1. remove the ?> at the end of the default.php - so it doesn't potentially foul up rss feeds

2. change &$Sender to $Sender everywhere for possible 2.1 compliance

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Your statement is exactly what @hbf was concerned about in the plugin feedback discussion. Plugins that work perfectly but haven't been updated. The author @Kastang has logged in as recently as July 2012 - so I would say until the author states it is abandoned - it isnt.

It just works perfectly so no need to change - and the author can't be responsible for people who don't install it properly.

You are so right , It will be difficult to decide this for Todd , I think every dev should be contacted and asked what is going on and if they will ever come back if not for the thing to continue somehow ,if it is a good plugin someone should adopt it if the author does not return.