Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Allow registrations only from specific domain?

shelzmikeshelzmike New
edited April 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I am very new to Vanilla forums, moderately familiar and comfortable with php. I am creating a forum that is specifically only for our company, which is currently approximately 100 users. Obviously, I do not want to set them all up. However, while I intend on keeping the bots out and hopefully off search engines (as much as possible), I would like them to be able to register themselves and anyone new coming on board in the future. That being said, I would also like to not have to go through registration approval if possible so I think something custom is in order here, just not familiar enough to figure out where to start.

I want the registration process to be automated; HOWEVER, I want to restrict registrations to only our company domain email addresses. i.e. No one can register unless they have mycomany.com email address.

Well, surely anyone can put that in, but I can restrict any spammers because they will not actually get the confirmation email.

Thanks!