Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Error message while accessing the forum

edited April 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/u43njiqr/public_html/forum/library/core/class.autoloader.php on line 795

How to solve this?

P.S. We had installed Karma mod 5 days back

Best Answer

• Options
    UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓

re-upload the original class.autoloader.php?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answers

• Options
    UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓

re-upload the original class.autoloader.php?

• Options

In that case we need the class.autoloader.php file from version 2.0.18.3
    but at the moment we can only download 2.0.18.4, that file is not working giving more errors

Where can i get the previous version?

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2012

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Now this is giving a new error
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ')' in /home/u43njiqr/public_html/forum/plugins/Emotify/class.emotify.plugin.php on line 238

• Options

indianfootynet said:

Now this is giving a new error
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ')' in /home/u43njiqr/public_html/forum/plugins/Emotify/class.emotify.plugin.php on line 238

and replacing it gives new error
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /home/u43njiqr/public_html/forum/plugins/StopForumSpam/class.stopforumspam.plugin.php on line 168

where exactly is the problem

• Options

Plz help. The forum is down for more than 2 days now.

Thanks

• Options

In case of a major prob, we would like to re-intall the forum but would want to save all the existing conversation/database...how can we proceed with that?

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2012

Have you considered removing the emotify plugin to see if it works :)

did you try unzipping the code 2.18.0.5 or 2.18.0.3 or 2.18.0.3 and replacing the source directory by directory..

in my experience just moving the source code in if you are in 2.0.18 range does not cause a change to the database. (let me state that was my experience - yours may vary).

if the problem occured with a specific plugin - disable it.

generally I don't mix and match versions - I move the complete version in or out.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

peregrine said:
    Have you considered removing the emotify plugin to see if it works :)

did you try unzipping the code 2.18.0.5 or 2.18.0.3 or 2.18.0.3 and replacing the source directory by directory..

in my experience just moving the source code in if you are in 2.0.18 range does not cause a change to the database. (let me state that was my experience - yours may vary).

if the problem occured with a specific plugin - disable it.

generally I don't mix and match versions - I move the complete version in or out.

Thanks a ton... we will try this, but we want to make sure in any case we don't lose our 24 months database..How can we save it?

Thanks again

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2012

well, as far as the database i would certainly copy it and export and save it and verify it. twice or thrice.

if you have phpmyamdin you could use that.

or you could look mysql site or google mysql backing up databases.

• Options

Thanks... It looks, from the cpanel record, all our php files has been modified yesterday at the same time... what might be the reason?

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2012

somebody updated them? you are on to another dimension beyond ...

all the help I can provide

• Options

No, looks like there was some viral attack. All the php files have random junk inserted. Wil new installation pointed to the curent database recover my forum?

• Options

@UnderDog i need u here

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP
    edited April 2012

Someones hacked your forum, have you added new form fields? And not sanitised.

Be careful if you reupload, it could be viral via javascript

• Options

@indianfotynet backup all your files you have at the current moment.
    Backup the database you have.

The files are for further inspection, but you can only give them to people that can figure out what went wrong.

The database is what you need to get your forum back.

You have to figure out why and how your forum got hacked. How is more important of course. Is it because of your server? Is it another reason?

in any other situation the following will work:

Rename the database of the hacked site
    Install 2.0.18.4 with a clean database
    Restore the backup of the database before you re-installed

Problem is that you don't know whether you will get hacked again, so be very careful with your next steps.

Just show a beautiful 'we are closed for the moment' screen in the meantime. Your forum users will understand.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2012

It could have been hacked or the files could have been corrupted if the server crashed or any number of ways. It's a little premature to say it really got hacked. but the above advice still pertains. I've seen files corrupted when memory chips go bad.

• Options

I replaced certain .php files and the forum is back again. All those files were modified at the same time while the webmaster was not logged in. The website is fine now. But it has become very slow. I would replace more .php files though. Do you suggest any other measure to increase the speed?
    I have asked my host to run a scan for potential viruses.

Thanks all for the great support.

• Options

If you liked underdog's advice why didn't you click like. You need to find out where the slowdown is. Is the host site having any problems, are there any other problems on the host for other users. did the server crash? did you enable any other plugins that you didn't have before the problem? just a few questions to think through. did you run any optimization check on the database to see if it is clean (google it ).

• Options

I host it on VPS. It might be a server problem. I had installed Karma Bank but that was 4-5 days before it all went wrong. I will optimize the database.

The slowdown is because its taking time to resolve IP i think. Coz once its connected, it loads quickly. I will talk to my host abt it. Thanks