Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Some SATIRE for you !

422422 Developer MVP
edited April 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

This isnt for my benefit neither, I don't wanna see GOOD, no GREAT people walking away from helping people on these forums ... when they never receive any recognition from the original poster, and subsequent posters.

The LIKE button is there, its a form of payment.

3 people have now messaged me and are getting slightly angsty, and quite right too !

If you ask for help , and you get it. Click LIKE

Would you stiff the waitress out of a tip ?

Would you stiff the taki driver out of a tip ?

NO .

If you dont click like to answers to your questions, then your computer may well blow up and cover you in gooey poo.

Youve been warned ;)

Love n best Ste

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answers

• Options
    jspautschjspautsch Themester ✭✭✭

Well, that's what "Accept Answer" is for, you could argue that Like is semantically different.

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    edited April 2012

I guess most people can accept an answer, but they don't have to like it.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

And vice versa

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2012

Maybe the like should be removed as a pseudo-payment.

Also I would like to suggest that anyone asking more than one question without answering a question or helping someone else - be put to the task of adding some documentation (either that they wrote or culled from these discussions) and placed on the documentation wiki. You take, you give. and if you take without giving, oh my.

@hbf

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    edited April 2012

peregrine said:
    Also I would like to suggest that anyone asking more than one question without answering a question or helping someone else - be put to the task of adding some documentation (either that they wrote or culled from these discussions) and placed on the documentation wiki.

Actually that's an amazing idea. It's time to promote the vanillawiki anyways. That's a real way to earn your badges ;-)
    Anyone can at least copy / paste the texts that are tagged as 'documentation' by a certain user (in topic title and / or actual tag) and a user on the vanilla wiki is easily created, approved, etc.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

Good idea chaps, love the sig.

• Options
    hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

I Love the idea of asking people to pitch-in. Cut and paste and basic organization of information is all it takes.

FWIW - I can't for the life of me figure out where the signature line settings are here... I went to my profile and selected edit profile. I like the idea of putting the wiki link and call to action in my signature.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2012

I bet its only allowed for moderators and Community MVP and adminstrators
    probably a modification rom the normal signatures plugin. Maybe developers should be included.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP
    edited April 2012

Reserved for the elite

• Options
    hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP
    edited April 2012

422 said:
    Reserved for the elite

HA! I figured it was a secret society thing. I'll just go delete spam from the wiki now and be on my way.

• Options
    UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    edited April 2012

hbf said:
    FWIW - I can't for the life of me figure out where the signature line settings are here... I went to my profile and selected edit profile.

I made a Wiki page:

http://vanillawiki.homebrewforums.net/index.php/Profile_Add_Signature

However, I also think it's a plugin that can be downloaded, since I didn't see it on my local install:
    http://vanillaforums.org/addon/signatures-plugin