Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

My Views count Do not work (on my custom theme)*

H00jH00j
edited April 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

For some reason on my threads views dont count even when they have been viewed and commented on. I have the vote plugin installed.

Best Answer

Answers

• H00jH00j
    edited April 2012

Any ideas? When you say custom theme, there is only CSS edits no html edits so it should be fine.

• As far as I can tell view count doesn't work period. Check the database and you will see.
    You should start doing a search (although the search function is not too great) of this board and you will find you are repeating questions that have already been noted.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Oh, is there a redmine project management think or alternative i can officially post these bugs and we can see progress?

• I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• mcu_hqmcu_hq yippie ki-yay ✭✭✭
    edited April 2012

I'm pretty sure that it only counts unique views, so if you visit that thread repeatedly from the same IP, don't expect it to increment.

The fact that the view count does not work on this official site as well as their negligence to fix it should tell you something....

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    edited April 2012

and:

https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/issues/?utf8=✓

But focus on the following steps:

• Write down your issue for yourself (I always use notepad)
    • Search if the issue has been posted here on the forum or in the github issues list (Use the Forum Search, use Google Search)
    • If the thread is really old (let's say older than 3 months) _do not post_ just a single line in the thread, saying "I have the same problem, any news?"
    • If you have your problem written down and you either know the bug report number (issues list) or the topic number (older than 3 months) and you need to get answers, make a proper topic start, mention what you tried, what didn't work, mention that you searched the forum and that you found the following topics: (list here)
    • You tried things and didn't work and would like some help.
    • Last but not least, let the topic sit for a while, do not post within a single day after you haven't heard anything in your single topic. Sometimes it takes time (weekends, vacations) for people to respond.

General rule : The more information you give (local install, install on a host, vanilla version, error reports, etc, etc) the sooner you get answers.
    The more you show that you searched, the easier it is to give you answers.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    Answer ✓

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.