HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Documentation] Removing cache files after migration or directory rename

andruandru New
edited April 2012 in Feedback

I'd just like to make a quick suggestion to add a 'Migration' page to the documentation and a more useful error message which covers the unexpected behaviour you get when migrating the forum (or, in my case, simply renaming the containing directory). It produces this initially cryptic message:

Fatal error: Class 'Gdn' not found in [Path redacted]/bootstrap.php on line 47

After spending a while reading and re-reading the bootstrap and not understanding how the autoloader could possibly be failing because of a change in directory name when all paths are set dynamically at application startup, I finally stumbled upon the cache dir and the cached ini's within.

Perhaps a more verbose error message, or the autoloader could refresh the cache clearing if the directories don't appear to be valid?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm actually working on a Migration article on the Vanilla Wiki (community documentation). If you would like to help, just join the wiki :-)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answers

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm actually working on a Migration article on the Vanilla Wiki (community documentation). If you would like to help, just join the wiki :-)

There was an error rendering this rich post.