Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Gavatar - Multiple Sizes

mcu_hqmcu_hq yippie ki-yay ✭✭✭
edited April 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I'm wondering why the UserPhotoDefaultUrl function does not allow multiple sizes of the thumbnail size that it uses. I am aware that it uses Garden.Thumbnail.Width to set the width, but what if I want to use the picture in two different scenarios which require two different sizes? For example, I want to use the gravatar image in the profile page which requires a width of 160px versus just the regular 50px thumbnail for discussions.

This is my current hack:
$DefaultWidth = C('Garden.Thumbnail.Width',50); SaveToConfig('Garden.Thumbnail.Width',250); echo UserPhoto($Builder, array('LinkClass' => 'ProfileMainImage', 'ImageClass' => 'ProfileMainImage')); SaveToConfig('Garden.Thumbnail.Width',$DefaultWidth);

I would like to see this changed in the next release if possible.

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

But you could control this with .css by appending the body id from profile to your profile image class. Couldnt you?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2012
    Couldn't you also get rid of the Garden.Thumbnail.Width out of config totally
    and just assign width and height here.

scenario 1
    echo UserPhoto($Builder, array('LinkClass' => 'ProfileMainImage', 'ImageClass' => 'ProfileScenarioOne'));

.ProfileScenarioOne 

{
    width:100px;
    height:100px;
    }

scenario 2
    and change the width and height on other pages
    echo UserPhoto($Builder, array('LinkClass' => 'ProfileMainImage', 'ImageClass' => 'ProfileScenarioTwo'));

.ProfileScenario2 
    {
    width:200px;
    height:200px;
    }

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

422 said:
    But you could control this with .css by appending the body id from profile to your profile image class. Couldnt you?

I could, but I would be stretching the orginal image to fit whatever resolution is specified in CSS.

The same with @peregrine.....I need to specify the source image as larger. Anything else will just stretch it to fit the resolution. I am going to stick my workaround for right now.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

Similar to youtube thumbs, do gravatars come in varying resolutions?

• Options

422 said:
    Similar to youtube thumbs, do gravatars come in varying resolutions?

yes they do...the size of the image is put into part of the URL

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

Couldnt you do a preg replace.