Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Edit topic created when creating a Discussion via Wordpress comment

edited April 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello everyone!

My website is a Wordpress install with Vanilla forums embedded into one of the pages. I also have Vanilla powering the comments for my Wordpress posts, which works flawlessly- except for one thing.

The problem is, when the "System" account creates a new thread on my Vanilla forums, and a user clicks the link to the post from the embedded forums, it opens the Wordpress post inside of Vanilla's embedded iframe.

Does anyone know of a way to modify the script that creates the post on the Vanilla forums to add a _blank target on the link so that this isn't an issue?

If you want to see what I'm talking about, go here.

Answers

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2012

try this x00 turned me onto it - solved a different problem (of a frame within a frame) but might work for you.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-no-frames/

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    edited April 2012

peregrine said:
    try this x00 turned me onto it - solved a different problem (of a frame within a frame) but might work for you.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-no-frames/

That did work, so thanks for that suggestion- the only downside is that when the link to the post is clicked, now the post loads inside the embedded frame and then as soon as it's done loading it reloads into the entire window, generating two pageviews and extra server load.

So, if possible, I'd like to be able to edit that script still, if anyone has any other suggestions :)

• Options

I never found a solution. The jungle is in remote.js I believe in the embed plugin. I'd be interested in the solution if you find one.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.