Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Who's using Zenphoto then? (And knows how to use it outside the box)

3stripe3stripe ✭✭
edited April 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Just wondering who else is using Zenphoto other than me? I'm finding it hard to get any support on it's forums - has anyone else tried using it in a blog? I need a way to generate Flickr style badges from it... I did find http://www.zenphoto.org/support/topic.php?id=7 but not sure how to output square thumbnails using this.

Comments

• Zenphoto is buggy crap.

It's also 10x better than anything else out there.
  • /me writes himself a reminder to try buggy crap on local funhouse.
  • Well that's just a reflection of the terrible state web-based gallery apps are in.

There are a million of them, but they're all crufty table-based things, or flash, or too simplistic (sorry, Mark).
  • i use andrew berg's flah photo browser; it's simple and nice looking.
    http://www.andrewberg.com/photobrowser/afpb_flash.html
  • edited April 2006
    a stricty php/ js version of that flash one would be nice. I don't like h elimitations of flash. If he rleased the source, maybe, but in its current state, nope. It does look nice though.
  • zenphoto = the HIV of photogallery world.
  • I use zenphoto, and I think it's the best gallery app I've tried this far (and I've tried a whole bunch!). Yes, it has some flaws, but I'm sure these will be fixed with a new release.
  • -- zenphoto = the HIV of photogallery world. -- LiquidChris, can I ask why you say this? It has its problems, but so does everything else. IMO, it is the best, 'non-flash' solution out there.
  • Agreed, it's buggy, but also beautiful.... Back on topic, can anyone help me then?
  • 3stripe3stripe ✭✭
    edited April 2006
    New Wordpress plugin to genereate Flickr style 4x4 thumbnails from Zenhphoto - lifesaver! Downloadable at www.ruicruz.com/zenshow
This discussion has been closed.