Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

A request to people asking questions that get good answers and solutions.

peregrineperegrine MVP
edited April 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

One final solicitation by me for
http://vanillawiki.homebrewforums.net/index.php/Main_Page

initiated by hbf and others (who took the time to start it and add to it).

This is a plug not a plug-in. It would benefit everybody, if you summed up the answer to your question and posted it on the wiki.

http://vanillawiki.homebrewforums.net/index.php/Main_Page

Recently, i've spent alot of time trying to answer questions and there have been people doing this much better and for much, much longer. I think it would behoove the community that if you ask a bunch of questions and get an answer it would be nice to document it on the wiki. Now you say, why doesn't the person answering the question, post the documentation, and my answer is "Well we spent alot of time and effort trying to provide the questioner a suitable solution", so doesn't it seem like a fair tradeoff that a reciprocal response would be to add to the wiki by the person asking the question. If your response is "I don't have the time" - the answer - what if the person answering your question didn't have time? Chew on that for a while.

We've all had problems searching on the board for suitable answers, the wiki is the way to go for solutions as it improves.

Who will take up the gauntlet first ....

Testimonial: Reading the wiki, helped me understand how to write my first plug-in. In my opinion, it is great, and will only get better if you do your part (that is, if you agree with my reasoning).

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Best Answer

• Options
    UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓

Thanks peregrine for your opening post, I will do my part : If you have troubles getting on the Wiki, signing in, etc, let me know in a PM here and I'll set you up...

Anyone can join the wiki, edit an article a little, copy / paste the answers from their own topics... We would love the help.

And a Wiki isn't 'breakable'... so don't worry if they scare you. Getting used to it is a better approach...

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answers

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

I would and should, but wikis scare me. Seriously dont understand how they work. But i pop in from time to time and its a great resource.

• Options
    UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓

Thanks peregrine for your opening post, I will do my part : If you have troubles getting on the Wiki, signing in, etc, let me know in a PM here and I'll set you up...

Anyone can join the wiki, edit an article a little, copy / paste the answers from their own topics... We would love the help.

And a Wiki isn't 'breakable'... so don't worry if they scare you. Getting used to it is a better approach...

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2012

thanks, just trying to get a group effort here. thats why they call it "Community" on the button. Isn't it??

accepted and potentially solved - but always bumpable. :)

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.