Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Profile picture on registration form?

martianmartian New
edited April 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello folks! I'm somewhat new to Vanilla, but I've already begun experimenting with writing custom addons, and have already made some chances to existing addons to suit my needs, so I'm not entirely in the dark here.

I'm interested in placing the profile image uploader on the registration form an having it as a required field, but I'm not quite sure where to begin. I have already placed the form element on the registration view, but the rest of the functionality is a bit of a mystery to me. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

• Options
    UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓

I think you can best look in the fileUpload plugin.

I played with fileupload recently and it has some stuff that made me raize my eyebrows once or twice. The fileupload plugin has a good example of the actual fileupload and the storage of the 'attachment'

If you're done with the plugin, can you write a little wiki article on the vanilla wiki page?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answers

• Options
    UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓

I think you can best look in the fileUpload plugin.

I played with fileupload recently and it has some stuff that made me raize my eyebrows once or twice. The fileupload plugin has a good example of the actual fileupload and the storage of the 'attachment'

If you're done with the plugin, can you write a little wiki article on the vanilla wiki page?

There was an error rendering this rich post.