Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Best FireFox Extension, Ever(tm)

lechlech Chicagoland
edited April 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=1843&application=firefox If you're a dev, It will simply blow your mind at how potentially useful this extension is. Given it's not a fully fleshed out perfectly working extension, but for what it is at the moment, it KILLS the dom inspector and WebDev toolbar. Thought I'd share, because it's just that good.

Comments

• Options
    Firebug is nice, but it's no replacement for WebDev.
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    Well, some of the features FireBug offers compared to similar WebDev toolbar features, FireBug just blows WebDev out of the water. The inspector at the moment is probaby the best feature in there hands down.
  • Options
    I swapped over to Firebug a couple of days ago. It's on track for replacing WebDev completely. HTML Validator too possibly.
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    I wouldn't see it as a total replacement, there are still quite a few features webdev has which firebug doesn't. It's quite a lovely and powerful compliment to webdev though, that's for sure. If the two merged into one, that would be even sweeter.
  • Options
    The one feature in WebDev that gets the most use by far is "outline current element" (used to be "outline selected element"). I don't think I could live without that.
  • Options
    what bergamot said
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    Well, that option is available in the webdev toolbar as well, however, it seems to be best when using the inspector against the live copy, because not only can you select the code, you can see where it appears in the outline. It's awesome!
  • Options
    I don't used everything Webdev offers anyway so I'm quite happy to lose a toolbar :D
This discussion has been closed.