Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Solved] Hide catagory posts from All Discussions page

nopresniknopresnik New
edited April 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

All what i need is for something that will hide any post posted in Good Food to be hidden from the all discussions page.

Answers

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2012

already posted, are you posting under the name superstunts? or is just a coincidence?

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/hidecategory-plugin
    superstunts
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/19731/hidding-a-catagory#Item_7

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• nopresniknopresnik New
    edited April 2012

2 because I thought no one would listin to me. The other post does not do what I want or I couldn't get it to work

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2012

it's not a good idea to be a sock puppet.

The other post does not do what I want or I couldn't get it to work?

_what did it do, you need to explain your situation better. Do you want the category heading hidden too? Unless you display a mockup of exactly what you want to do, I'm done because I can't comprehend your words. _

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• There are other vanilla forums that can hide all posts in that catagory from the all discussions page.

• nopresniknopresnik New
    edited April 2012

-

• @Underdog what do you do with sock puppets?

• @nopresnik

provide a link to your site, and provide a listing of your config.php with the password and admin user deleted and I'll try to help you. also write the name of the category you want to delete.

• anybody willing to try the plugin and let presnik know if it works.

• ..... I dont want anything deleted, I want all the posts from the Ban Appeals catagory to be hidden (hidden) from the all discussions posts

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2012

hidecategories plugin will do it - did you try it - read the instructions.
    `$Configuration['Plugins']['HideCategory']['NoCat'] = 'Ban Appeals';`

I am not talking about the hidetitles plugin.

Let me summarize what I've done 

You asked to hide the titles
        I wrote a plugin for you that does that.
    You changed your mind, and wanted something different, 
       I provided the code for that.
    You asked "want all the posts from the Ban Appeals catagory to be hidden (hidden) from the all discussions posts", 
        I wrote another plugin for you (even though you used a different screen name and pretended to be somebody else).  

You disappeared from the scene and show up starting a new discussion. 

You don't provide any link to you site or the part of the config.php that i need to look at to see if you are setting it right. Maybe we could get a translator for the language you speak.

It would seem like I am wasting my time, don't you think?

The only possible thing I can think of is that you don't want the category heading to show up in the category box. You're on you own. You've been provided numerous solutions and the question always changes.

• I've tried the "hide category" plugin and it does exactly what it said. You can define the category which should not be visible in the "all discussions" page.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2012

thanks. proof.

• nopresniknopresnik New
    edited April 2012

"Maybe we could get a translator for the language you speak" I speak English, Do you?

Ive requested two things... Not changing my mind. One that would hide all Ban Appeals Posts from "All Discussions" And second was the Title: Rename the title of the post to the author. I thank you for the hide-category plugin as I found what was wrong.... (Someone has been hacking me (Reason for long time no posts)) Some files were messed up, so I reinstalled vanilla and now have hide-category plugin working Thank you.