Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Ok I have started by

422422 Developer MVP
edited April 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
echo '< span class="LastCommentBy">'.sprintf(T('Started by %1$s'), UserAnchor($First)).'</ span>';

I want to do Most recent reply ALSO

Is it MostRecentBy ?if so do you know the full snippet of code to echo:

Most recent by :UserName

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Best Answer

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2012 Answer ✓

/vanilla/views/discussions/helper_functions.php

$Last

echo '< span class="LastCommentBy">'.sprintf(T('Most Recent by %1$s'), UserAnchor($Last)).'</ span>';

if ($Discussion->LastCommentID != '') {
                   echo '<span class="LastCommentBy">'.sprintf(T('Most recent by %1$s'), UserAnchor($Last)).'</span>';
                   echo '<span class="LastCommentDate">'.Gdn_Format::Date($Discussion->LastDate).'</span>';
                } else {
                   echo '<span class="LastCommentBy">'.sprintf(T('Started by %1$s'), UserAnchor($First)).'</span>';
                   echo '<span class="LastCommentDate">'.Gdn_Format::Date($Discussion->FirstDate);

also

$First = UserBuilder($Discussion, 'First');
    $Last = UserBuilder($Discussion, 'Last');

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Answers

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2012 Answer ✓

/vanilla/views/discussions/helper_functions.php

$Last

echo '< span class="LastCommentBy">'.sprintf(T('Most Recent by %1$s'), UserAnchor($Last)).'</ span>';

if ($Discussion->LastCommentID != '') {
                   echo '<span class="LastCommentBy">'.sprintf(T('Most recent by %1$s'), UserAnchor($Last)).'</span>';
                   echo '<span class="LastCommentDate">'.Gdn_Format::Date($Discussion->LastDate).'</span>';
                } else {
                   echo '<span class="LastCommentBy">'.sprintf(T('Started by %1$s'), UserAnchor($First)).'</span>';
                   echo '<span class="LastCommentDate">'.Gdn_Format::Date($Discussion->FirstDate);

also

$First = UserBuilder($Discussion, 'First');
    $Last = UserBuilder($Discussion, 'Last');

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

I get the first part .. not sure what you mean on 2nd part /..

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2012

Don't worry about the second part if what you have works. Its how it pulls the string out of the object

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

thats just it, it doesnt. One mo will grab the code

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP
    edited April 2012

Argghh I missed an element