Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

'Bonk' when attempting Import of Dummy Content

edited April 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I get the 'bonk' error immediately upon pushing the Save button when uploading the Dummy Content for import. Doesn't even get to next step.

Here is the error returned:
Failed to move uploaded file to target destination (C:\xampp\htdocs\P13\vanilla/uploads/C:/xampp/htdocs/P13/vanilla/uploads/import/DLC70NXV6VF5.gz). The error occurred on or near: C:\xampp\htdocs\P13\vanilla\library\core\class.upload.php 212: if (!file_exists(dirname($Target))) 213: mkdir(dirname($Target)); 214: 215: if (!move_uploaded_file($Source, $Target)) 216: throw new Exception(sprintf(T('Failed to move uploaded file to target destination (%s).'), $Target)); 217: } 218: return $Parsed; 219: } 220: Backtrace: [C:\xampp\htdocs\P13\vanilla\applications\dashboard\controllers\class.importcontroller.php:167] Gdn_Upload->SaveAs(); [C:\xampp\htdocs\P13\vanilla\applications\dashboard\controllers\class.importcontroller.php:167] ImportController->Index(); [C:\xampp\htdocs\P13\vanilla\library\core\class.dispatcher.php:322] PHP::call_user_func_array(); [C:\xampp\htdocs\P13\vanilla\index.php:53] Gdn_Dispatcher->Dispatch(); Need Help? If you are a user of this website, you can report this message to a website administrator. If you are an administrator of this website, you can get help at the Vanilla Community Forums. Additional information for support personnel: Application: Vanilla Application Version: 2.0.18.4 PHP Version: 5.3.8 Operating System: WINNT Server Software: Apache/2.2.21 (Win32) mod_ssl/2.2.21 OpenSSL/1.0.0e PHP/5.3.8 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.1 Referer: http://127.0.0.1/P13/vanilla/dashboard/import User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0) AppleWebKit/535.19 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/18.0.1025.162 Safari/535.19 Request Uri: /P13/vanilla/dashboard/import Controller: Gdn_Upload Method: SaveAs

And here is my config.php:
`<?php if (!defined('APPLICATION')) exit();

// Conversations
$Configuration['Conversations']['Version'] = '2.0.18.4';

// Database
$Configuration['Database']['Name'] = '********';
$Configuration['Database']['Host'] = '********';
$Configuration['Database']['User'] = '*********';
$Configuration['Database']['Password'] = '*********';

// EnabledApplications
$Configuration['EnabledApplications']['Conversations'] = 'conversations';
$Configuration['EnabledApplications']['Vanilla'] = 'vanilla';

// EnabledPlugins
$Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['GettingStarted'] = 'GettingStarted';
$Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['HtmLawed'] = 'HtmLawed';

// Garden
$Configuration['Garden']['Errors']['MasterView'] = 'deverror.master.php';
$Configuration['Garden']['Debug'] = TRUE;
$Configuration['Garden']['Title'] = 'Platoon XIII';
$Configuration['Garden']['Cookie']['Salt'] = 'L2EWGQHYX4';
$Configuration['Garden']['Cookie']['Domain'] = '';
$Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['ConfirmEmail'] = TRUE;
$Configuration['Garden']['Email']['SupportName'] = 'Platoon XIII';
$Configuration['Garden']['Version'] = '2.0.18.4';
$Configuration['Garden']['RewriteUrls'] = TRUE;
$Configuration['Garden']['CanProcessImages'] = TRUE;
$Configuration['Garden']['Installed'] = TRUE;
$Configuration['Garden']['Theme'] = 'BrandFriendly';

// Plugins
$Configuration['Plugins']['GettingStarted']['Dashboard'] = '1';

// Routes
$Configuration['Routes']['DefaultController'] = 'discussions';

// Vanilla
$Configuration['Vanilla']['Version'] = '2.0.18.4';

// Last edited by mandrill (127.0.0.1)2012-04-24 10:40:19`

Any help?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓

Focus on this error:

Failed to move uploaded file to target destination (C:\xampp\htdocs\P13\vanilla/uploads/C:/xampp/htdocs/P13/vanilla/uploads/import/DLC70NXV6VF5.gz).

and I think it has something to do with the upload path used twice in the sourcecode.

So look in this file:
    The error occurred on or near: C:\xampp\htdocs\P13\vanilla\library\core\class.upload.php

and figure out where the actual move_uploaded_file occurs.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answers

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓

Focus on this error:

Failed to move uploaded file to target destination (C:\xampp\htdocs\P13\vanilla/uploads/C:/xampp/htdocs/P13/vanilla/uploads/import/DLC70NXV6VF5.gz).

and I think it has something to do with the upload path used twice in the sourcecode.

So look in this file:
    The error occurred on or near: C:\xampp\htdocs\P13\vanilla\library\core\class.upload.php

and figure out where the actual move_uploaded_file occurs.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Thanks Underdog, still stuck though :/

I have no idea what I'm looking for.

This looks like it might have something to do with it as it would seem to be $UploadPath that is being repeated, beyond that I have no clue.

public static function CanUpload($UploadPath=NULL) { if (is_null($UploadPath)) $UploadPath = PATH_LOCAL_UPLOADS; if (ini_get('file_uploads') != 1) return FALSE; if (!is_dir($UploadPath)) @mkdir($UploadPath); if (!is_dir($UploadPath)) return FALSE; if (!IsWritable($UploadPath) || !is_readable($UploadPath)) return FALSE; return TRUE; }

(Also the code markdown seems to be borked.)