Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Found Vanilla Randomly Online

edited April 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I happened upon a link to to Adam Greenfield's book site via kottke.org.

I checked out his "Discuss Everyware" link, and sure enough, he's using Vanilla. With a mightly slick looking theme I might add.

Comments

• that "slick looking theme" makes my eyes bleed.
  • it would be fine if it wasn't for that yellow behind every link.
  • And if the columns actually lined up.
  • ouch.
  • i'm sure he'll be crushed when he reads this.
  • That really hurts your eyes..
  • hm, yeah that yellow is pretty intense. I mainly just like the black text on white for a change. I guess that is what struck me most.
  • That's a horrible theme!
  • I don't know if I'd say "horrible"; it's functional and beauty is, um, subjective and stuff.
  • I think he was probably going for the "Sticky Pad" look and just went overkill
  • Well and a lot of that yellow presumably goes away when you sign in and read all those threads.
  • Haha, only three colors :).
  • edited April 2006
    Randomly are people aware that Warren Ellis is planning on setting up his 'Future Hunters' community using Vanilla. Going to use his old www.diepunyhumans.com domain, last thing he wrote was that he didn't have time to set it up just yet, but hey 1.0 might be just the help he needs :).
This discussion has been closed.