Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

little desaster

fh111fh111 Vanilla Padawan ✭✭
edited April 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi there

we had a little desaster happen in our community. one of our admins wanted to merge two discussions with the help of the split&merge plugin. the result was that all discussions were merged into one. it seems like the split&merge plugin is broken. we do have a (not that recent) backup and are planning to manually insert the newer posts (around 150) from the broken database into the backed up database. that would be a little bit of work, but... better than losing them.

what i did so far to fix it was
delete GDN_Comment and GDN_discussion in the broken database and then take GDN_Comment and GDN_discussion from the backed up database and import it into the broken one.

it now shows the backed up discussions and comments properly, but for some reason the dates are all displayed wrong. they all show december 1969

new comments get the true date. the dates are all correct in GDN_Comment (DateInserted/DateUpdated column)

any ideas why this is and how to fix it? we are using 2.0.18.1 at the moment

edit:
is anyone here successfully using the split&merge plugin?

Answers

• 422422 Developer MVP
    edited April 2012

In vb you could update post counts, perhaps @todd or @tim or @underdog could help.if they arent around give mensa man @x00 a shout.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• fh111fh111 Vanilla Padawan ✭✭
    edited April 2012

thanks

we just somehow managed to go through every missing comment in the database and put them where they belong. everything seems to have worked out so far. ugh what a day....

still. something's not alright, either with the split&merge plugin or in general with the admin checkboxes in the core. i'll update here if i find out where the problem lies

• 422422 Developer MVP

Good onya, sorry i cannot help more. Marvellous as i am, i know my limitations lol

• fh111fh111 Vanilla Padawan ✭✭

haha

• fh111 said:
    we just somehow managed to go through every missing comment in the database and put them where they belong. everything seems to have worked out so far. ugh what a day....

Sorry you had to go through that manually. There should actually be a plugin for that, maybe in the future though...