[Documentation] Trying to translate Vanilla
I'm new to the forums so first of all I'd like to introduce myself.
My name is George Girtsou, I'm 20 years old, I'm a Web Developer and founder of AutomatismosWeb.gr. I recently discovered Vanilla Forums project which I find awesome! Enough with the introduction, let's move to the subject.
I'm trying to translate Vanilla to Greek language and I have to say I did follow all the instructions.
Here's what I did:
- I downloaded Baseline locale so I had a place to start.
- Put the baseline directory inside /locales directory.
- Renamed it to 'greek' (of course without the quotes).
- Translated the files.
- Enabled from Admin Panel the Greek locale.
- Set Greek locale as the default one.
I did everything by the book but it won't show the translated (Greek) strings. I checked if there was an option for users to set their language but there wasn't.
I also checked if my theme has the t() function passed on - and it has.