Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

automatic poster

edited April 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello Everyone!

I am converting my forum to vanilla. I am getting rid of all the users (since most of them want to login thru facebook), I will only retain about 4-5 users who have about 3000 of threads. I want to basically retain those 4-5 users and their threads (all the comments will be deleted).

Anyway, to the point: I am working on a small software to help me do this job. All of my forum data is now on a local drive: there are few folders (=names of 4-5 posters), under these folders there are subfolders having title (=title of the threads), in these subfolders there is a text file(=having the discussion content), a pdf file (=file to be be attached using FileUpload plugin)....My goal is to make a small program to post these threads automatically.

My experience if not vast with mysql queries, but to start off with I just need to know a simple query to make a dummy discussion (a dummy discussion having title1, description1 using user id =2)...something like this....If I am able to create this dummy discussion, I can go ahead to work with queries for FileUpload plugin; after that it should not be very hard to make a program to read folders on my local drive and post them as discussions...

:)