Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Doubts about DB / forum set up

edited April 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I'm part of team working on a site for a non-profit cause. We are planning to attach forum to the site. The site uses wordpress and is hoisted our site on a shared server. Below are my doubts

• Once we start to use vanilla where will be out forums data be stored. Is it in currently hoisted server or of vanilla's server.

• If say the forums data will be stored in our current server, then how we can configure the schema; will any scripts will be provided or anything else ?

In general can anyone advise/provide pointers to resources on how to setup a forum by a novoice

Thanks for reading my queries with much patience and please feel free to ask any questions that would make it easy for you to clarify my doubts.

Thanks again.

Srinivasan

Answers

• x00x00 MVP
    edited April 2012
    • vanillaforums.org -> self hosted
    • vanillaforums.com -> hosted on vanillaforums.com

if you have someone who is good with php, then the addons there is Structure method that allows to define schema, and a query builder for your queries.

try it out on a development sever first, read the documentation.

grep is your friend.