Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

what's the coolest way to have a page formatted landing page?

edited May 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I see I can have a Custom Page and make it the homepage, but then I have to hand-code the PHP for it?

Is there a cooler way to make page? or maybe a way to embed a wiki-based page?

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

You can put anything in custom page ... Use your imagination, it can be flash php ajax html etc

Personally i wouldnt embed another application within a custom page, but theres no stopping you

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

So, I'm showing how spoiled I am... yes, I can put anything in a custom page, but I think what i'm looking for is a way to have a wiki page (with permissions and histor

• Options
    hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

so you want a wiki application for garden? or embedded wiki in a forum with integration...

kind of different topic from what this thread started life as..

• Options

well, yeah I guess I do... I mean, that seems like the coolest way to have a page of text as a landing page for a Vanilla based site!

• Options
    hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP
    Answer ✓

ahancock said:
    well, yeah I guess I do... I mean, that seems like the coolest way to have a page of text as a landing page for a Vanilla based site!

having experience with both, i would say that merging the two would not be without merit. but certainly it would be overkill and a waste of resources for the purposes of a single page for landing...

the point of wiki is for community based knowledge capture... not as an 'easy' or 'cool' way to create a page.

If you want this sort of a structure, just host a wiki on your address root, then host the forum in a subfolder. create whatever links you like on the wiki to the forum.

If you want a page creation tool there is an app out called vanilla CMS, it will likely do what you need.

• Options

Thank you, that is just what I was looking for, yes!