Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Hide files real URL

edited April 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Add option Hide real URL .

Comments

• edited April 2006
    Hide what URL, where, from whom?

Edit: nevermind; I missed that this was in the filebrowser catagory
  • @Bergamot: Of the images, I assume. (This discussion is posted in the "Filebrowser Suggestions" category) @enet: Sorry, but I don't think Filebrowser was designed to do that sort of thing. Besides, obsfucation just gives a false sense of security. Anyone could just view the page source to find the URL.
  • a_magical_me: that's not true. any file can be sent through cgi without revealing its true location on the server. in fact i've written a vanilla extension that does just that.
  • a_magical_me: that's not true. any file can be sent through cgi without revealing its true location on the server. in fact i've written a vanilla extension that does just that.
    True, but firefox (at least) forces a download on files served that way, which wouldn't work well in a gallery.
This discussion has been closed.