Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

What is the number one thing that needs to be changed on this forum?

peregrineperegrine MVP
edited May 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

My vote...

A proper and fixed search method so the same question doesn't get repeated every week. even directing the search box through google would be an improvement.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Answers

  • In a week probably won't be able to find this message via searching for "repeated". :)

    I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

  • mcu_hqmcu_hq yippie ki-yay ✭✭✭
    edited May 2012

    peregrine said:
    My vote...

    A proper and fixed search method so the same question doesn't get repeated every week. even directing the search box through google would be an improvement.

    it is coming I promise! Will only work for linux installations for the first release though. Comes with an install wizard which will install sphinx and setup everything for you with only 2 clicks.

  • Threaded comments! I hate to see a flat list of answers in chronological order only. There must be a way to show the flow of conversations among people in a more meaningful way than this

  • peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2012

    mcu_hq said:

    peregrine said:
    My vote...

    A proper and fixed search method so the same question doesn't get repeated every week. even directing the search box through google would be an improvement.

    it is coming I promise! Will only work for linux installations for the first release though. Comes with an install wizard which will install sphinx and setup everything for you with only 2 clicks.

    I think your plugin will be neat if vanillaforums.org uses it!

    My question was related to vanillaforums.org not to vanilla software that is distributed.

    @smaffullli - if you are referring to vanillaforums.org - you are probably out of luck, But on your site, you could install the replyto plugin.

    I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

  • 422422 Developer MVP

    Ooh i have a few lol.

    1. Get the bloody counters working

    2. Allow inline image upload

    3. Incentivise us guys to produce commercial themes and addons that are engaged on the .com version

    4. Make this forum more socially connected.

    There was an error rendering this rich post.

  • fh111fh111 Vanilla Padawan ✭✭

    smaffulli said:
    Threaded comments! I hate to see a flat list of answers in chronological order only. There must be a way to show the flow of conversations among people in a more meaningful way than this

    i disagree. i like the way comments are displayed. that's what 'quote' is useful for, imo

  • peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2012

    fh111 said:

    i disagree. i like the way comments are displayed. that's what 'quote' is useful for, imo >

    I agree with you fh111. It's not threaded but I think it is understandable I am replying to you.

    I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Sign In or Register to comment.