Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Unable to access settings

edited April 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I woke up this morning to find an email requesting authorisation of an accont in my inbox. I thought that was a little odd, as I'd set new members to be automatically accepted. When I went to the admin panel to authorise the member, I got an error message saying: Precondition Failed The precondition on the request for the URL /forum/search.php evaluated to false I'm getting the same message if I try to access anything in the settings or account panels (I get the initial pages up, but not any of the options linked from the side), and if I do a search I've recently moved to a new server, but it wasn't initially doing this (I had to change some of the admin settings after I brought it over, so obviously I could access them then). Anybody have and ideas what could be causing this? Cheers

Comments

• Reading up on it, it *sounds* like the problem was with the browser, rather than the server.

Maybe switch browsers for a min, or even computers?
  • It's definately not the browser. Did it at home using Safari on OS X, and still doing it here at work in Firefox on XP. If it matters, the title of the error page says "412 Precondition Failed"
  • It's almost certainly a problem with the http server itself then, not anything related to vanilla.

Apache or IIS?
  • Pretty sure it's Apache, I'm on a shared server at TextDrive.
  • I'd call them up tomorrow, and ask if they've been changing any server settings, especially anything to do with mod_security.

Anyone else want to weigh in with a second opinion?
This discussion has been closed.