Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Textarea is hidden after Posting comment

edited May 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

in FireBug <textarea id="Form_Body"
element.style { display: none;height: 106px;width: 656px; }

Can it be cured somehow?

Answers

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2012

remove display: none

what theme?

actually wouldn't you want the Form_body to be hidden. I think you have the wrong element.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

yes, i have a wrong element. bbcode-modified cleditor plugin . and I need find a place where Vanilla sets display: none. yes , to remove it :)

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2012

search all the css files for display:none unless its set in js by some class or id.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

of course it is set by javascript code.

after pushing the post button

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2012

not necessarily - js could change the class or do a number of things including change display value via hide(), but there still could be a setting in .css where it actually changes the class. The display none could be set in js or to a class or id that already exists has a setting or display:none in your css. In any event, good luck. tried to help you.

Just curious, if you modified the bbcode-modified cleditor plugin, without presenting the code how do you expect to get an actual answer, you can only get clues.

• Options

without presenting the code

no need - cutting off the iframe code - no more.

hide() of textarea is somewhere in Vanilla posting code.

• Options

oh, hiding of textarea was in php of cleditor plugin. )))