Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Fatal Error in PHP.trigger_error();

edited May 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I'm getting the below error for my forum. Any idea what is going on? Is there a systems outage?

New object methods must be unique. The new "utilitycontroller_basicstats_create" method has already been assigned by the "AdvancedStatsPlugin.utilitycontroller_basicstats_create" plugin. It cannot also be assigned by the "VfcomPlugin" plugin.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2012 Answer ✓
    Somebody probably based one plugin on the other.

You need to change the createname in  VfcomPlugin
    utilitycontroller_basicstats_create to something like

utilitycontroller_VFbasicstats_create'

and the associated linkages if any.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Answers

• it seem that you have two plugins that are conflicted, probably becuase ti was renamed an you updated.

I don't actuality recognise either of those plugin. There is an VanillaStatsPlugin, but it doesn't have that method.

Are you on the hosted solution?

grep is your friend.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2012 Answer ✓
    Somebody probably based one plugin on the other.

You need to change the createname in  VfcomPlugin
    utilitycontroller_basicstats_create to something like

utilitycontroller_VFbasicstats_create'

and the associated linkages if any.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• thanks x00 for narrowing it down and thanks peregrine for the solution -- you are awesome!