Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

is it possible that instead of hiding the comment completely, that the ignored users post be "minimi

jason2007jason2007
edited May 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

is it possible that instead of hiding the comment completely, that the ignored users post be "minimized" and you have the option of "un-minimizing" it if you do want to read it? The reason for this is that some people will quote the ignored user or respond to the ignored user and having the post not show at all presents a discontinuity to the discussion. I like the idea of being able to view the comment if I really want to.

Answers

• Options

I could add a button somewhere to click that would temporarily unignore users. If you can post an image of where you would like that button placed, I might be able to enhance.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

sure give me a sec to throw together a screenshot

• Options
    jason2007jason2007
    edited May 2012

Here is an example
    On the left your comment is hidden, on the right it is not.
    Also it would be cool to indicate that you are ignoring the user (as indicated in the image)

awesome plugin btw
    :)

• Options

I'll experiment with that option and maybe something else. Give me some time, and I'll get something going on that issue.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

you rock!

• Options

You know, unless a plugin is broken there is very little feedback (on all but a few popular plugins). It would be informative to the the developer of the plugins if somebody actually uses said plugin and even a posted a link to the site with the plugin in use as part of their normal forum operation. For all I know, none of my plugins are in use, and are just downloaded and ignored.

• Options

lol

• Options

until I modify things more - a workaround is this.

@jason2007

modify vanilla/plugins/IgnoreUser/design/ignoreuser.css to this

li.Ignored .Message {
        display: none;
    }

then only the body of the message will appear and then you click on the username to see the message under comments in the profile tab.

• Options

cheers

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

Great work @peregrine.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2012

jason2007 said:
    lol>

truth, no joke

422 said:
    Great work @peregrine.>

thx.

• Options
    hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

peregrine said:

jason2007 said:
    lol>

truth, no joke

422 said:
    Great work @peregrine.>

thx.

thats why i only develop plugins i want for my site... at least i know someone is using it.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2012

@jason2007

I opted for this - hope it works for you - see version 1.1

click the += toggle button to toggle between hidden and viewable.