Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

[Solved] Move from Localhost Causing Bonk

ackack
edited May 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hey guys!

I've done some searches, and I feel like I should have found the answer to this question, but I still can't get it to work. :/ I moved my localhost version of the site onto my live server and got a GDN bootstrap.php error. I read a few suggestions and deleted all the .ini files in the cache directory, changed the directory permission, and I'm pretty sure all the files are up and accounted for. However, I'm still getting a "Bonk" screen. :(

I put in the configuration error bit into my config.php file and got this:

"Table '******.GDN_Permission' doesn't exist

select *
from GDN_Permission Permission
limit 1"

"[Sql] 'select *

from GDN_Permission Permission
limit 1'
[InputParameters] array (
)
[Options] array (
'ReturnType' => 'DataSet',
)
[ReturnType] 'DataSet'
[PDOStatement] false"

My information:

"Application: Vanilla

Application Version: 2.0.18.4
PHP Version: 5.2.17
Operating System: Linux
Server Software: Apache
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/535.19 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/18.0.1025.168 Safari/535.19
Request Uri: /
Controller: Gdn_Database
Method: Query"

Is this a problem with my .htaccess file? Did I chmod incorrectly (what should most of my folders be set to, anyway?)? Thanks so much for any help. I don't know why I'm having issues. :(

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓

@ack I think you moved your site from localhost (Windows) to a server (Linux). There's a bunch of things you can run into, for example case sensitiveness..

Step 1 after you move your files to your server is delete the .ini files from the /cache directory.

Step 2 is to check the GDN_Permissions table. Notice the Case sensitiveness...

There are many ways to resolve the problem. I would for example start by using the Porter Plugin and export your Vanilla DataBase in 'Porter' format. You don't have to use it yet, but when everything else fails there is a solution using that backup :-)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answers

• Options
    hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

Doesnt sound like the database is set up properly.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2012

Go to phpmyadmin and verify if you have an intact vanilla database.
    If you do, make sure the database is the same name as the one in config.php.

Is this a problem with my .htaccess file? Did I chmod incorrectly (what should most of my folders be set to, anyway?)? Thanks so much for any help. I don't know why I'm having issues. :(

there was a discussion of permission settings within the last day or two - don't recall where - maybe a search or just read thru the discussions for the last day or two or check documentation.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓

@ack I think you moved your site from localhost (Windows) to a server (Linux). There's a bunch of things you can run into, for example case sensitiveness..

Step 1 after you move your files to your server is delete the .ini files from the /cache directory.

Step 2 is to check the GDN_Permissions table. Notice the Case sensitiveness...

There are many ways to resolve the problem. I would for example start by using the Porter Plugin and export your Vanilla DataBase in 'Porter' format. You don't have to use it yet, but when everything else fails there is a solution using that backup :-)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

Thanks, UnderDog. I just deleted the database and files and did a clean install using the importer and it worked perfect. Thanks! :)