Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Class on Categories with New Post Beneath Them - All Categories View

edited May 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

So I'm trying to figure out how to use different icons to show that there are new post under a category. I've worked this out fine with new threads once you drill down into a category, but not the categories itself in the view all categories view. There is a Read and Unread class placed on the categories but they never seem to change even if I mark all as read.

Answers

• I got lost. can you post an image of what you want.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• edited May 2012

A Category
    A Category Image Icon

What I want Categories to do if there is a new thread or a new post in a thread beneath it
    What I want Categories to do if there is a new post in a thread beneath it

I've figured out to do it with the threads, can't get it to work for categories.

• I am also interested in this. From seeing the penny arcade forums I know it is possible, but I cannot find a way to implement it.

• KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff
    edited December 2012

Easy peasy (the classes are working as expected in 2.1 at least):

.CategoryList .Item.Read {
        // Add your "You've read it all" icon here
    }

.CategoryList .Item.Unread {
        // Add your "Has new stuff" icon here
    }

P.S.: I'm used to writing SASS which is why I'm using // comments - these are invalid in CSS.

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub