Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Categories

edited June 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
How do you start a new category if there isn't one which suits your discussion content

Comments

• Options
    Only admins can create new categories. Not sure if it's different for 0.9.3/1.0 but for 0.9.2.x it's done in the Settings -> Category Management section.
  • Options
    speaking of which, are there any addons / extensions to like... break categories into groups?
  • Options
    there is currently no extension for sub categories but it has been discussed a number of times.
  • Options
    I don't mean sub categories, I just mean like dividers. The main category would just be text with forums under it, like phpBB, but not a sub forum of a category in which you can post in.
  • Options
    eh?
  • Options
    I think he means having subcategories, but no categories. What I mean by this is you would have:

Help-
    --Tech help
    --Fishing help
    --Whistling help

Fitness-
    --Lifting weights
    --Running
    --Misc. Cardio

The "help" and "fitness" headings wouldn't mean anything, though. You couldn't post a message to "fitness." It would just be there to help make sense of the categories.
  • Options
    Hmm...I like that idea. Has anyone thought of making that? (is it even possible?)
  • Options
    So more like Titles and Categories. Could see it being a handy extension for some folks. Can't see it being a core function though.
  • Options
    This is an excellent idea.
  • Options
    I would love this!
This discussion has been closed.