Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

vanillaforums.org verry speed.. why not to me :(

ChanuxChanux Admin of Geek.lk ✭✭
edited May 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

vanillaforums.org verry speed.. what is the secret. can you give me more tips please "how to speedup my vanilla"

Thanx

Answers

• Options
    qwentyqwenty New
    edited May 2012

Promote your host service! :-)

• Options

let vanilla forums host your site and see if its faster. if not it may be due to your plugins and theme.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

Run some online page speed diagnostics to see what the long pole is on your site. That will give you some insight into where to focus.

• Options

Following on from @hbf's advice, and in case you aren't aware of it, a valuable tool to try and figure out where things are slow with your site, at least on the front end of things (that is, not with your database and connections to it) is Firebug.

Apologies if you already know about this, but perhaps there are users who don't, so: one of the best tools out there for developers (I do all my CSS tweaking using it) is the Firebug addon for Firefox (it exists in slightly limited versions for other browers, too). Two addons for that addon are YSlow and Pagespeed, which focus on helping you find the loadtime bottlenecks on your site for endusers. You can google up links for all of those pretty easily. Get those installed, open Firebug in Firefox, load up your site, and you'll get more advice than you know what to do with about how to optimize your site to load faster.

A lot of the info may be tricky to interpret or act on if you're not a developer, but they will point you in the right directions at least, and help you to narrow down to more specific questions you might need to ask about why things are slow.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

Also ping your server via command prompt like.

ping www.vanillaforums.org

See what the results are, your distance from server. Adsl speed, hops all attribute to unbalancing.

There was an error rendering this rich post.