Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

User Export Extension

User Export lets you easily export user data as CSV-file.
The extension adds an panel to the settings section for admin users, where you select fields to be exported and choose between comma or TAB separated export format.
With predefined attributes extension enabled you may also export your custom attributes.

Comments

• Options
    I need a tipp: Where do I save settings (more complex than true|false) best, when writing an extension? In an extra file somewhere (where?) like the PageManger Extension does? Background: For the User Export Extension I want to save the fields selected for export for each admin user, so the user doesn't have to make the selection each time he wants to export. I want to add the export function to the search page, exporting only the selected fields in the admin panel in the next version. What's the best practice?
  • Options
    It'd probably be easiest to simply save them to a file, but if you really didn't want to and it wasn't too much info then I suppose you could hide them in an admin's preferences array or something. I vaguely recall some talk about adding a db table specially for extensions, but I don't know if anything ever came of it.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    I'd either create a new column on the user table or a whole new table. It's not a big deal as long as your extension includes instructions on how to execute the db changes necessary.
  • Options
    Thanks SirNot, an extra table for extensions would help. Just a idea: Maybe it's time to write an Meta-Extensions which handles settings of other extensions. Providing a simple get and set function and managing a new database table (Something like extension, property, value). I don't know if thats the right way and fits in Vanillas application design. Maybe I miss something. But I don't like users to set write permisssions for several files cause an extension need a place to save some data. Btw.: Your Page Management is great - it was the first extension I installed.
  • Options
    Mark, i kept back in changing the user table for now, cause I have to rewrite/extend to much of the user class (GetPropertiesFromDataSet(), Clear()) than, and am afraid that there will be collision with other extenstion extending the same class. What if more than one extension do a Object->Factory->SetReference on the User class? Do I miss something in the whole concept?
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    You're correct - it is dangerous and the objectfactory is definitely a last ditch effort sort of thing. The new version has better methods for accomplishing tasks like that. It's all in the documentation.
  • Options
    >Your Page Management is great - it was the first extension I installed. Thanks :-) Practically every person who's tried that has had problems getting it to work properly (something to do with php4...), so I'm glad it works for at least one other person.
  • Options
    SirNot, I have php5 running so i can't have the php4 problem.. Mark, I finally checkout out the 0.9.3 and try to get in delegation now and rewrite my first two extensions. What I have seen so far looks very promising.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    that's great news, michaelontheroof!
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    This user export extension looks like it would be very useful. Is it possible to get it to work on Vanilla 1.0.3? I tried it and am getting a Notice: Undefined property: User::$MasterAdmin in ... /Vanilla.1.0.3/extensions/UserExport/default.php on line 24 error. Are there other issues as well?
  • Options
    Hello, It does not appear in the list of pkugins, not adds an new page to the settings page for admin-users. That I make bad? it installs it pasting it in the folder extensions like a others.

Thanks,
  • Options
    This extension seems to be abandoned. Is there an alternative?
  • Options
    I also get: Notice: Undefined property: User::$MasterAdmin in ... /Vanilla.1.0.3/extensions/UserExport/default.php on line 24 . . . What do I need to do?
  • Options
    Bump - does this exist for Vanilla2 yet?
  • Options
    Bump again - I could use this for Vanilla2 as well......not to abandon vanilla but to backport users to the Main WP site....