Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Administrator Permissions

tonextonex New
edited May 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

It seems like a user I created as Administrator doesn't have REAL Administrator rights like the admin user.

This user I created cannot edit/delete posts made by regular members. I have to login as admin in order to delete a member's post.

Is this by design?

Best Answer

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓

tonex said:
    I don't understand. What's there to write about on Wiki?

I didn't realize you have to check the admin permissions again when you create a new category.

I always thought that admins have super duper powers. Like, when you add categories, admins automatically have super duper authority on that new category.

I hope that answers your questions about what to write on the Wiki :-)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answers

• Doublecheck the roles of this user. Also, please prepare to write something about it on the Wiki :-)

• I double-checked (even multiple-checked) : ).

• tonextonex New
    edited May 2012

Nevermind. I didn't realize you have to check the admin permissions again when you create a new category.

I always thought that admins have super duper powers. Like, when you add categories, admins automatically have super duper authority on that new category.

• BTW, thanks UnderDog. You made me think hard about the roles/permissions.

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓

tonex said:

I didn't realize you have to check the admin permissions again when you create a new category.

I hope that answers your questions about what to write on the Wiki :-)