Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Solved] jsConnect bonk after clicking on ‘sign in with’

edited May 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi all,

First things first; compliments for the awesome forum software! I’d like to ask a question regarding the jsConnect plugin. I’ve got a plain install of the forum (have got one additional locale installed), and no plugins except for jsConnect. My server is running PHP 5.3.10.

I’m having an issue getting jsconnect to work. Trying to sign in when clicking on ‘sign in with’ gives me a popup displaying a ‘bonk’. I’ve generated a clientid and secret and I’m using the example index.php file from the php library. I’m getting the same behaviour when using testmode, or setting the $secure var to false in the php example file.

The jsonp string that is being shown by the index.php / php library looks proper:
test({"email":"plos@gmail.com","name":"Henry the Pope","photourl":"","uniqueid":"57","client_id":"706263073","signature":"229377e772f2d3dcafe3df931188a42d"})

And the name from the above jsonp string is being shown in the forum above ‘sign in with’. I’ve tested this in multiple browsers on mac osx (safari / firefox / chrome), the bonk behaviour is the same in all three.

I’m quite familiar with PHP, but I guess my real question is; what’s the best way to debug this? I’d love to iron out this kink!

Thank you in advance for any insights!

Tagged:

Answers

• Fixed, found out how to display errors using deverror.master.php, it was a permission error somewhere in the file system.