Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Mobile Site Not working

edited May 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

When I access my site on a computer it works great, however on a mobile device is does not. help!

www.neofishingclub.com is the site im having issues with.

Answers

• Options

Search for 'Bonk', It is easier then writing out instruction every time.

It is difficult to tell without debug on, purely a guess, I make sure you have Smarty folder in cache, and it is writeable.

grep is your friend.

• Options

can you provide a link for the fix?

• Options

can you provide a link for the fix?

Like I said this question get asked over an over please search for 'Bonk' for instruction what to do, there is not much further we can take this otherwise.

grep is your friend.

• Options

I cannot find anything to give me results. Ive tried everything.. thoughts?

• Options
    hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

rprovision said:
    I cannot find anything to give me results. Ive tried everything.. thoughts?

I suggest searching the wiki for instructions on enabling debugging.

Also fwiw, x00 probably aleady told you what is wrong.

• Options

I'm a newb how do I find out if I have a smarty folder in cache

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@rprovision

Well, you would go to your Vanilla folder on your host's webserver, and look in the cache folder...

If it isn't there, make it.

Note it should have a capital S - Smarty NOT smarty.

Inside that folder should be two folders called cache and compile (lower case letters).

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Why would these folders be missing ? Is it a problem with the application core? Also there is two Smarty directories , Smarty Plugins and Smarty 2.6.25, is this solution to make the missing folders inside which Smarty Directory? Also these directories are here in my server /mydatabass/Forum/library/vendors/Smarty-2.6.25, so I would create a folder called cache and one called compile into this directory? Or the Smarty Plugins Directory?
    The mobile theme can't be previewed on dashboard it gives a bonk error too.

I appreciate anything anyone can add to this or exactly where do these folders go because it did not work where I put them. Thanks

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

I think I figured it out The solution to the mobile problem :

Create folders: compile and cache by making a new directory in the cache directory of the forum call the directory** Smarty** then make two other directories inside that one, compile and cache.

so it is going to look like this the path of the new directories:

yourhost/forum/cache/Smarty/compile

yourhost/forum/cache/Smarty/cache