Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

bbcode in cleditor

JoZ3_69JoZ3_69
edited May 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Can I use bbcode in cleditor? I tried adding the following line in default.php

$Sender->AddJsFile('jquery.cleditor.bbcode.min.js', 'plugins/cleditor');

Of course I added the files and jquery.cleditor.bbcode.min.js jquery.cleditor.bbcode.js and nothing happens ...

I did this according to the example of http://premiumsoftware.net/cleditor/demos/bbcode.html

Also try creating a new plugin based on this but using the SCEditor but errors that I don't understand.

Check the attachment

If anyone is interested, leave the link here in my attempt to create a plugin with the SCEditor based on this.

mediafire.com/?a6hnno70bbaravb

Answers

• I tested your plugin and it displayed options for youtube and date and time, etc.

verify in your browser if the js and css are getting loaded for the plugin.

Can you explain in detail - what you mean by nothing happened.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• JoZ3_69JoZ3_69
    edited May 2012

Of course I added the files and jquery.cleditor.bbcode.min.js jquery.cleditor.bbcode.js and nothing happens ...

In CLEditor, the bbcode plugin does not work, check in my browser and if you call jquery.cleditor.bbcode.min.js file correctly, but still using html rather than bbcode.

Check my Cleditor addon mod : mediafire.com/?9vat8mwcc6ajdy3

With the plugin based on the SCEditor, on occasion does not publish the discussion and get an error that says

Body can not be blank.

and if I press a second time the submit button nothing happens and firebug console this error

e.data.editor.clear is not a function
    e.data.editor.clear ();

In clear reference this plugin code

jQuery (frm). bind ("clearCommentForm", {editor: ed}, function (e) {
    frm.find ("textarea"). hide ();
    e.data.editor.clear ();

from default.php file (line 59)

• Just and idea - maybe you have to change the format columns to bbcode or whatever the designation is in the comment and discussion tables. don't know about the other issue.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• peregrine said:
    Just and idea - maybe you have to change the format columns to bbcode or whatever the designation is in the comment and discussion tables. don't know about the other issue.

All columns are bbcode :(

in the cleditor when I click on source code buttom, appear html code instead bbcode

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2012

is this bbcode. this is what I get when I click on source. I never used bbcode or the cleditor or the sceditor until today, but this is what I get. Is this what you are looking for.

source:

[b]this is a new test[/b] [sub]x4[/sub]

the regular view
    shows bold and the subscript.

The column in the comment table says bbcode.

I removed the buttonbar plugin and every editor plugin.

and edited my config file to say

$Configuration['Garden']['InputFormatter'] = 'bbcode';

• What is the editor do you see that this code ?

I know that sorce code can see with sceditor, but with cleditor I see html code...

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2012

I downloaded the sceditor zip you pointed to.

what is it you want really to do and what have you done, and where do you want to go. I'm now totally confused.

• Maybe I not express well, with the sceditor the bbcode works well, but fails when it comes to sending the publication. To make this addon I based in the cleditor original.

In cleditor that I modified, the bbcode fails, always shows the code in html

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2012

I understand you now. The post with sceditor looks like it doesn't post, but it does (buggy).

I also noticed cleditor with bbcode js always uses html even thought the options appear to be false (to use bbcode). I don't have the answer for you, sorry.

• edited June 2013

Up !

Nobody know how to activate the bbcode plugin ?
    http://premiumsoftware.net/cleditor/demos/bbcode.html
    I really prefer BBcode to HTML :S

Because with HTML, when I write a comment or create a new topic, sometimes it does so weird things...
    Words are sometimes smaller, line spacings are bigger etc...

Thank you for any help ! :P

EDIT : Also I'm interested in using SCEditor !! :D