Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Problem passwordrequest

mickliemicklie New
edited May 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello :)

I'm a new user of "vanilla forum" and i like it but i've problem with my request password.
My members get on a new mail within "passwordreset" only

What is the problem ? (i read a post but i don't undestand :( )

I have installed a translation pack (France).

Can you help me please :) ?

Best Answer

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    Answer ✓

have you considered posting this in french under the french locale

peut-être

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Answers

• When i use a translation pack (english) i don't have this problem my member don't get the mail... but the administrator...

• Hello :)

The problem comes of translation pack. How could i change this ? Which file have i to edit to solve my problem ?

• Vanilla community is dead ?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    Answer ✓

have you considered posting this in french under the french locale

peut-être

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• J'ai essayé mais la traduction est périmé l'auteur ne répond ni au mail ni aux messages privés. C'est vraiment dommage qu'il n'y ait pas de communauté francophone car c'est un très bon forum... je bidouille depuis deux jours dans le code pour rien... ça me désespère...

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    edited June 2012

**Translation : **I tried but the translation is outdated the author does not respond to email or private messages. It's a shame that there is no French-speaking community as it is a very good forum ... I fiddle for two days for nothing in the code ... it drives me to despair ...

Just for your information : You don't have to ask the current translator to change things in a language pack, you can just either change them yourself and submit those changes or propose a change request.

For information on how to change the translation see either the documentation or the Vanilla Wiki site.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Thanks for your response but I tried to translate with baseline. It doesn't work .

• I finished to translate captured.php but it doesn't word.

Could you read my file please ?

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B1Niz-Ga4yujM29OVlhSUFJaT3M

• The translate isn't complete :( ...

• From what I understand (discussing this in a parallel thread http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/20398/mise-a-jour), it sounds like his member emails are sent to the admin address? But only when he uses the French locale addon...

I don't even understand how the localization definitions could cause this behavior... do any devs have insight on this?

• Well, common behaviour with translations is that, if translation is not complete, strings from some base language are used instead of empty ones. If this is not the case, it's a problem of Vanilla Forums translation engine and not the translation itself.