Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

"Change My Picture" doesn't work

edited June 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I just installed the forum on my own hosting and have set up categories, etc. All that is working. However, "Change My Picture" lets me select a photo, but after doing that I just get a broken link image. Uploads is set to 777. I noticed there is a /userpics directory in there and a /358 directory in that, but to image in there. As a side note, the logo uploaded without any problem. Any suggestions? Thanks!

PHP Version 5.3.6
Chrome 19
mySQL 5.1.57

Tagged:

Answers

• Options

Oh, nevermind. I had a hunch it might have something to do with PHP Safe Mode being on. That solved the problem. However, related to this is the question "how do I change the allowed size of images (2 meg is too big for me)". Thanks!

• Options

vegasnews said:
    Oh, nevermind. I had a hunch it might have something to do with PHP Safe Mode being on. That solved the problem. However, related to this is the question "how do I change the allowed size of images (2 meg is too big for me)". Thanks!

Max upload size might also be a PHP config thing... Try looking up php.ini settings