Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Is it possible to run 0.9.2.6 and 0.9.3 beta simultaneously?

edited April 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hello everyone, I was wondering if it's possible to run Vanilla 0.9.2.6 and 0.9.3 simultaneously on the same server. I intend to install 0.9.3 in a different directory, but I'd like to be sure that the changes made to the database won't break the 0.9.2.6 installation. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    I think i'm right when i say that at first mark ran the two along side using the same dataset on here but i could be wrong. From what i remember of the database changes i see no reason why you shouldnt be able to run both along side but i'd suggest you take a backup of your existing database before you do anything just incase.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    The database has too many changes to run them both off the same db.
  • Options
    *noted
  • Options
    You could theoretically run them side by side in the same DB (with a different prefix on the 0.9.3 version's tables), or in separate databases, right?
  • Options
    I can confirm it working with two different databases, so logically it should work with the same database if you configure 0.9.3 to use a different prefix.
  • Options
    I've got vanilla 0.9.2 running along side at least three versions of 0.9.3 (two of which I believe share a db), and they all work fine for me.
  • Options
    Well, the thing is I want both of them to share the same data. No different databases or prefixes or anything like that. @SirNot: Could you please provide more info about how you got this to work? Thanks.
  • Options
    Well they don't share the same info (with the exception of those two 0.9.3 installations), so I'm not too sure if that'd help your situation...
This discussion has been closed.