Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Ticket System inside a forum

edited June 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Topics - viewable only by topic-starter and supporter-role or moderators.

How hard is to code this with Plugin?

What do You think of practicability of such a Plugin ?

Best Answer

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2012 Answer ✓

johansonlocker said:

How hard is to code this with Plugin? >

from the little I understand. I think you could do it without much trouble,

What do You think of practicability of such a Plugin ? >

doesn't seem practical to me, but thats just my opinion. Essentially what you are looking at is just a private message system between moderators and support staff and users. But as I write this up, maybe it could prove useful, who knows. Essentially just a support category that does a check on each comment like the guest restriction plugin except that it tests for category, role or discussion-id username to allow the comments to be viewable. I think you could do it by adding one conditional line and a couple of other lines.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Answers

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2012 Answer ✓

johansonlocker said:

How hard is to code this with Plugin? >

from the little I understand. I think you could do it without much trouble,

What do You think of practicability of such a Plugin ? >

doesn't seem practical to me, but thats just my opinion. Essentially what you are looking at is just a private message system between moderators and support staff and users. But as I write this up, maybe it could prove useful, who knows. Essentially just a support category that does a check on each comment like the guest restriction plugin except that it tests for category, role or discussion-id username to allow the comments to be viewable. I think you could do it by adding one conditional line and a couple of other lines.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    edited June 2012

Thnx a lot, peregrine

I broke my head while thinking of how to implement Support flag to the topics.
    And it was just a setting of Special Category from the category list :)

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/guestrestriction-plugin

In fact a couple of lines. I guessed :)