Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Try Vanilla Forums Cloud product
Please upgrade to 2.3 here. The 2.2 and earlier branches are no longer being updated.

Pulling Session Info

SpencerMcSpencerMc New
edited June 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.3

Ok, so I've been working on adapting an old authentication class written to integrate Vanilla 1 and an open source wiki called Dokuwiki to function with Vanilla 2. It's definitely been a learning experience, as up to now I've only known the basics of php and web development in general, but with the help of google and w3 schools, I think I'm on the right track. I'm running into a problem at the end in the function that establishes an external trust. It used to pull a bunch of information on the current user session by performing a function called _getUserInfo on an element of the $Context array.

if ($Context->Session->UserID > 0)
        {
        $this->_openDB();
        if($userInfoArr = $this->_getUserInfo($Context->Session->User->Name))
        {
        $USERINFO['pass'] = $userInfoArr['pass'];
            $USERINFO['name'] = $userInfoArr['name'];
        $USERINFO['mail'] = $userInfoArr['mail'];
        $USERINFO['grps'][] = $userInfoArr['group'];

$_SERVER['REMOTE_USER'] = $userInfoArr['name'];

$_SESSION[DOKU_COOKIE]['auth']['user'] = $userInfoArr['name'];
        $_SESSION[DOKU_COOKIE]['auth']['info'] = $USERINFO;
        }

Most of this info I've been able to find in Gdn::Session(), but there does not seem to be an element for password or group (which I suspect would be called roles now). (also, the variable name on the Dokuwiki end has changed). So, this is what I've adapted it to so far:

if (Gdn::Session()['UserID'] > 0)
        {
        $this->_openDB();

$INFO['userinfo']['pass'] = $userInfoArr['pass'];
            $INFO['userinfo']['name'] = Gdn::Session()['Name'];
        $INFO['userinfo']['mail'] = Gdn::Session()['Email'];
        $INFO['userinfo']['grps'][] = $userInfoArr['group'];

$_SERVER['REMOTE_USER'] = Gdn::Session()['Name'];

$_SESSION[DOKU_COOKIE]['auth']['user'] = Gdn::Session()['Name'];
        $_SESSION[DOKU_COOKIE]['auth']['info'] = $INFO['userinfo'];

But, as you can see, I'm not sure what to change the last two assign statements to. I've looked through the documentation pretty extensively, but I can't seem to find anything. Can anyone tell me where this info can be pulled from?

Comments

• $sessionuser = ($Session->User);

echo " ======= $sessionuser->Name  ======================";

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• SpencerMcSpencerMc New
    edited June 2012

Woops, I actually cut and paste from a previous version of the file; I had added the ->$User behind each Gdn::Session. But I see the practicality in assigning a variable so it only has to be called once. So...now I have:

$Sessionuser = (Gdn::Session()->$User);
        if ($Sessionuser['UserID'] > 0)
            {
            $this->_openDB();
            $INFO['userinfo']['pass'] = $userInfoArr['pass'];
                $INFO['userinfo']['name'] = $Sessionuser['Name'];
            $INFO['userinfo']['mail'] = $Sessionuser['Email'];
            $INFO['userinfo']['grps'][] = $userInfoArr['group'];

$_SERVER['REMOTE_USER'] = $Sessionuser['Name'];

$_SESSION[DOKU_COOKIE]['auth']['user'] = $Sessionuser['Name'];
            $_SESSION[DOKU_COOKIE]['auth']['info'] = $INFO['userinfo'];

return true;
           }

However, I still have the issue with the old $userinfoArr['pass'] and $userinfoArr['group'].

If I do a print_r (Gdn::Session()->User); I get:

[UserID],[Name],[Photo],[About],[Email],[ShowEmail],[Gender],[CountVisits],[CountInvitations],[CountNotifications],[InviteUserID],[DiscoveryText],[Preferences],[Permissions],[Attributes] => Array ( [TransientKey]), [DateSetInvitations],[DateOfBirth],[DateFirstVisit],[DateLastActive],[LastIPAddress],[DateInserted],[InsertIPAddress],[DateUpdated],[UpdateIPAddress],[HourOffset],[Score],[Admin],[Banned],[Deleted],[CountUnreadConversations],[CountDiscussions],[CountUnreadDiscussions],[CountComments],[CountDrafts], and [CountBookmarks]

I'm thinking group may have been replaced by [Permissions].
    I guess what I'm asking is whether there is a asset anywhere that contains the currently logged in user's password and/or what roles the user is currently assigned. Am I completely barking up the wrong tree, and is this a lost cause?

• SpencerMcSpencerMc New
    edited June 2012

Alright, I definitely was going about this wrong. _getUserInfo is actually a method defined in the mysql authentication class that is extended by the class I'm trying to write. I'd delete this thread if I could at this point, because I've a bit more grinding to do before I have something worth asking about.