Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Add this great spell checker

edited April 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
http://orangoo.com/spell/

The code is also there and free to use.

It seems like a great app for a Vanilla extension.

Comments

• Options
    here you go

that was easy :)
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    That's pretty cool, ithcy. But do you have the latest version of Vanilla? It doesn't quite look right on my local installation. I'm assuming it's the difference between Vanilla 0.9.3 xhtml and Vanilla 1's xhtml. Also, in Vanilla 1 I've removed the DOMAIN configuration parameter and I'm now using BASE_URL exclusively.
  • Options
    oops - let me update.
  • Options
    okay... i have the latest SVN. the only change i made was DOMAIN->BASE_URL and it looks fine on my setup... could you tell me what's wrong with yours?

also, how has this BASE stuff changed the paths in appg/settings.php and conf/settings.php and the database? i'm referring specifically to the stylesheet paths. i can't seem to get them right. i had to fudge it by setting the full url to the default style in LUM_Style. i don't see base href anywhere in the source.
  • Options
    oh, i see what you mean. i should probably make it a new tab instead of letting it slide under the big input tab. now i need to figre out how to do that.
  • Options
    okay, it doesn't look like adding a tab is going to be easy without altering themes/comment_form.php. i guess i'll just put it under the comment box instead of over it.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    edited April 2006
    Yeah, you got me on the styling.

You should be able to addstylesheet and addscript like this:

$Head->AddStyleSheet('extensions/myextension/style.css'); $Head->AddScript('extensions/myextension/script.js');

This relies on you setting up the web_root properly, while the base_url is used for completely different things. Here is how the web_root and base_url are set up here on the community forum:

$Configuration['BASE_URL'] = 'http//lussumo.com/community/'; $Configuration['WEB_ROOT'] = '/community/';

So, "base_url" refer's to the fully path you need to type into an address bar to visit your vanilla forum. 'web_root' refers to everything after the domain that brings you to the root of your vanilla installation.
  • Options
    thanks... i guess mine are set correctly, but it still doesn't work with the default stylesheet unless i add the full path in the DB. anyway, not a big deal.

I uploaded a new version of this extension which is translation-friendly.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Yeah, the path in the db should be specific to your installation. Like, the path in the db here at the community is:

/community/themes/vanilla/styles/default/

It has to be this way just in case someone wants to use a style from somewhere other than the root of their installation - like on another server.
  • Options
    so it'll have to be changed after importing mysql.sql. hmm
    *thinks
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    mysql.sql is outdated, yeah.
  • Options
    I just installed this extension, and it's awesome!
  • Options
    Looks great, thanks! Didn't think it would be that quickly done. I'm still running 0.9.2 but as soon as 1 is final and I upgrade, I'll be installing this.
This discussion has been closed.