Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Embed-Friendly Theme setup help

I'm trying to embed my Vanilla forum into my Wordpress site within a page I've called "Community". I'm running the open source version of Vanilla on my self hosted blog. It was installed via Simple Scripts within my hosts control panel.

So far I've got it working except that no theme other than the default theme will show up. If I choose the Embed-Friendly theme or any other theme I get a Bonk error.

Can anyone suggest where to start looking for a solution to this problem?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• x00x00 MVP
    Answer ✓

Firstly search the forum for what to do for 'bonk'

Secondly some themes use smarty template engine and require some folders in cache to work. Again this is a common question you can search for.

grep is your friend.

Answers

• x00x00 MVP
    Answer ✓

Firstly search the forum for what to do for 'bonk'

Secondly some themes use smarty template engine and require some folders in cache to work. Again this is a common question you can search for.

grep is your friend.

• Awesome, thanks! I was having a brain cramp and was using search terms that just didn't get me there.

I created the folders /cache/Smarty/compile and set permissions to 775 and this seems to do the trick.

Now off to figure out the CSS for styling the page!