Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How to use FileUpload on a custom page?

edited June 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

On our site, we have the need of a document library for teams to collaborate and to store documents along with revisions. This is a private page that only certain members can access. I have started work on a plugin that will allow this. Basically, it is a custom view for certain categories that are labeled as document libraries. I can make it work using my own code to upload a file but I don't really want to have to re-code all of the necessary tests to verify and safely upload files. I have FileUpload installed already and like how it works. Is there a way to include that plugin on my custom page to upload the files or to call the functions necessary from my own code? I have tried to extend the FileUpload class and call certain functions from it but have failed in both. Any help or direction to show me even where to start or how something like this is done in general (or if it is even possible) would be a great help.

Another thought I had was to override the Render function of the Discussions controller but I don't know how (or if it is possible) to do that for just categories I want to show my custom view and not all categories.

Thanks!